Capsagesic-HP Arthritis Relief (Topical)
Questions | Reviews
Fundamentally, no-fault insurance is designed so that recompense is received by the victims of a car accident from their own insurance QuotesChimp for harms that result from the wreck. Because the various insurance companies are responsible for the ha...
by Louise in Louise, 03/06/2014
nothing intense here.i would like to know where to purchase capsagesic-hp.is over the counter?does it need a prescription?thanks for your time. mike
by mike hutton in manteca.ca.u.s.a., 01/01/2009
Hi Dr Sam, my name is Dr Christopher and I am also a veterinarian. I like your video and it is very polupar on Youtube! I agree with everything you say and would like to also emphasize the importance of weight control. New studies actually suggest tha...
by Yunior in Yunior, 01/12/2014
Capsagesic-HP Arthritis Relief (Topical) Drug and Prescription Information
Capsagesic-HP Arthritis Relief (Topical)
Capsagesic-HP Arthritis Relief (Topical) Medication Classification
CAPSAICIN (On the skin)
Capsagesic-HP Arthritis Relief (Topical) Brandname
Zostrix High Potency, Trixaicin HP, Capsagesic-HP Arthritis Relief, Zostrix Sports, Rid-A-Pain-HP, Zostrix, Trixaicin, Rid-A-Pain, Arthricare For Women Quick-Drying, Arthricare For Women Silky Dry, Capsin, Arthricare For Women, Sportsmed, Pain Enz, Double
Capsagesic-HP Arthritis Relief (Topical) is used for the Treatment
Capsaicin (kap-SAY-sin) Helps relieve muscle and joint pain caused by arthritis, sprains, and strains. Also used for nerve pain (neuralgia) that may be caused by shingles or diabetic neuropathy.
When To Not Use Capsagesic-HP Arthritis Relief (Topical)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to capsaicin or hot peppers..
How Should You Use Capsagesic-HP Arthritis Relief (Topical)
Cream, Gel/Jelly, Lotion, Liquid, Stick, Pad, Ointment, Thin Sheet
- Your doctor will tell you how much to use and how often. If you are using this medicine without a doctor's prescription, read and follow the instructions on the label.
- Use this medicine on the skin only. Keep the medicine away from your eyes, nose, and mouth. If you do get the medicine in your eyes, rinse them with large amounts of cool water. Call your doctor if you have eye pain or redness does not go away.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine. However, if you are using the medicine to treat arthritis pain in your hands, wait about 30 minutes after using the medicine before washing your hands. Avoid touching sensitive areas such as your eyes while the medicine is on your hands.
- Shake the lotion well before using.
- Apply a small amount of the cream, lotion, ointment, gel, or liquid medicine over the affected area. Rub it in until you cannot see any medicine left on your skin.
- Remove the patch from its pouch and apply it to your skin over the affected area. Do not put the patch on right before you bathe or exercise.
- You may feel burning or stinging when you rub in the medicine. The burning or stinging usually stops after you use the medicine for a few days. Using the medicine less often than directed may make the burning feeling last for a longer period.
- Do not tightly wrap or bandage the treated area. You should not use a heating pad with the medicine. If a dose is missed:
- Use the medicine as soon as possible, unless it is almost time for your next dose.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next regular dose.
- Do not put on two doses at the same time.
Proper Capsagesic-HP Arthritis Relief (Topical) Storage
Store Capsagesic-HP Arthritis Relief (Topical) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Capsagesic-HP Arthritis Relief (Topical) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Capsagesic-HP Arthritis Relief (Topical)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Talk to your doctor before you use any other skin medicine on the same area as you are applying capsaicin.
Capsagesic-HP Arthritis Relief (Topical) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- You should not use the medicine on open wounds, sores, scrapes, or irritated skin.
- You may need to use the medicine for 2 weeks or more before it relieves your pain. Keep using the medicine every day. If the medicine has not helped after a month, or if your pain becomes worse after a week, talk with your doctor.
Capsagesic-HP Arthritis Relief (Topical) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe skin irritation, redness, or swelling that was not there before you started using the medicine. If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Burning or stinging