CANDESARTAN (Oral) (Tablet)
Questions | Reviews
My mother is currently taking candersartan for high blood pressure.She has been on it for approximately 5months. Just recently she is plagued by headaches and has recently complained of being nasally congested. However, her eyes have become very puffy...
by Mary Jones in uk, 12/04/2006
hello I have one guest use this medication but she visit me and ask me to help her as she forget this medication and she want to buy some simliar as that but i not know what is simliar to this mediaction can you help me if you dont mind as soo as poss...
by dr. wadid in Egypt, 01/16/2006
CANDESARTAN (Oral) (Tablet) Drug and Prescription Information
CANDESARTAN (Oral) (Tablet)
CANDESARTAN (Oral) (Tablet) Medication Classification
CANDESARTAN (By mouth)
CANDESARTAN (Oral) (Tablet) Brandname
CANDESARTAN (Oral) (Tablet) is used for the Treatment
Candesartan (kan-de-SAR-tan) Treats high blood pressure.
When To Not Use CANDESARTAN (Oral) (Tablet)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to candesartan, or if you are pregnant.
How Should You Use CANDESARTAN (Oral) (Tablet)
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to take and how often. Do not take more medicine or take it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- You may take the medicine with or without food.
- Carefully follow your doctor's instructions about any special diet. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to take your medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper CANDESARTAN (Oral) (Tablet) Storage
Store CANDESARTAN (Oral) (Tablet) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep CANDESARTAN (Oral) (Tablet) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using CANDESARTAN (Oral) (Tablet)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using diuretics or "water pills" (such as furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide, Aldactazide®, Aldactone®, Dyazide®, Hyzaar®, Lasix®, Lotrel®, Maxzide®, Moduretic®, Norvasc®, Zestoretic®).
CANDESARTAN (Oral) (Tablet) Warnings
- Using this medicine while you are pregnant can harm your unborn baby. Use an effective form of birth control to keep from getting pregnant. If you think you have become pregnant while using the medicine, tell your doctor right away.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are breast feeding, or if you have kidney disease, liver disease, or congestive heart failure.
- This medicine may make you dizzy or drowsy. Avoid driving, using machines, or doing anything else that could be dangerous if you are not alert.
- If you stop using this medicine, your blood pressure may go up. High blood pressure usually has no symptoms. Even if you feel well, do not stop using the medicine without asking your doctor.
CANDESARTAN (Oral) (Tablet) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in face or hands, swelling or tingling in the mouth or throat, tightness in chest, trouble breathing
- Change in how much or how often you urinate
- Chest pain (may be related to your disease and not a side effect)
- Fast or slow heartbeat
- Lightheadedness or fainting
- Swelling in the hands, ankles, or feet If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Back pain
- Cough, stuffy or runny nose, sore throat