Bromplex DM (Oral)
Questions | Reviews
My Doctor prescribed Bromplex Syrup and Zyrtec for my rhinitis and Bronchitis. Is it safe to take them both ? the Syrup is taken twice daily (2 tsps.) and 10 mg Zyrtec in the morning. Thank you!!
by ginny in Athens. GA, 05/21/2006
can anything bad happen if i drink a few beers and take 2 tbs of thia med??
by Megan in USA, 09/03/2006
My 6 yr old son was prescribed bromplex dm last december when he was approximately 45 lbs. and was 5 yrs of age. I have some left over. I have a cold and I am wondering if I can take the left over medicine. I am a female and weigh 130 lbs. What would...
by Fabiola in USA, 01/02/2006
Bromplex DM (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Bromplex DM (Oral)
Bromplex DM (Oral) Medication Classification
ANTIHISTAMINE/DECONGESTANT/ANTITUSSIVE (By mouth)
Bromplex DM (Oral) Brandname
Atuss DR, Tanafed DMX, Rondec DM, Anaplex DM, Xiratuss, Balamine DM, Tri-Vent DPC, Triaminic Night Time, Quad Tann, Rentamine, Rynatuss, Tussi-12D, C-Tanna 12D, Biodec DM, Tuss-DM
Bromplex DM (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Treats sneezing, runny nose, stuffy nose, and cough caused by hay fever, colds, or flu.
When To Not Use Bromplex DM (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to any cough or cold medicine. You should not use this medicine if you have taken an MAO inhibitor such as Nardil®, Marplan®, Eldepryl®, or Parnate® within the past 14 days.
How Should You Use Bromplex DM (Oral)
Capsule, Liquid Filled Capsule, Tablet, Fizzy Tablet, Chewable Tablet, Liquid
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- Completely chew any chewable tablet before swallowing it. Swallow any other tablet or capsule whole. Do not crush, break, or chew.
- Measure the oral liquid with a marked medicine spoon, oral syringe, medicine cup, or medicine dropper. You might need to shake the medicine before you use it.
- If you use powder or effervescent tablet, stir the medicine into water and drink it right away. You must use at least 4 ounces (1/2 cup) of water to dissolve the effervescent tablet. Do not keep any mixture to take later. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Bromplex DM (Oral) Storage
Store Bromplex DM (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Bromplex DM (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Bromplex DM (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Avoid drinking alcohol or using any other medicines that make you sleepy. These include sleeping pills, other cold and allergy medicine, narcotic pain relievers, and sedatives.
Bromplex DM (Oral) Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, glaucoma, seizure disorders, asthma, emphysema, an enlarged prostate, urinary blockage, or an overactive thyroid.
- This medicine might contain phenylalanine (aspartame). This is only a concern if you have a disorder called phenylketonuria (a problem with amino acids). Talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- If your symptoms do not improve within 7 days or if they get worse, call your doctor. If you have a severe sore throat, fever, or thick yellow or green mucus, call your doctor.
- This medicine can make you drowsy or restless. Avoid taking at bedtime if it makes you restless. Avoid driving, using machines, or doing anything else that could be dangerous if you are not alert.
- Some brands of this medicine may contain alcohol. Read the label carefully or ask your pharmacist so you know what is in your product.
- Children may be more sensitive to this medicine than adults, especially if they take too much. Always read the medicine label closely so you give your child the right amount. Ask your pharmacist or doctor if you are not sure how much medicine to give your child.
Bromplex DM (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat
- Trouble breathing
- Severe headache If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Dry mouth, nose, or throat
- Trouble urinating