Brometane DX (Oral)
Questions | Reviews
My 20 month old daughter has been taking Brometane cough medicine for congestion and cough for the past 6 months. Last night was the first night that she didnft take it before bed and she was up for 3 hours crying. Was something else bothering her an...
by debra in staten island. NY, 05/09/2006
will Brometane DX syrup hi-tex #120 help with stuffy nose, watery eyes, sneezing or would advil cold and sinus do the trick or do you reccomend something different.???
by Deborah in stockbridge, ga., 06/15/2007
exactley how much (miiligrams per dose) of antihistimine and decongestant are in a dose of Brometane DX (2tsp. for an adult).
by dede canton in USA, 03/13/2007
HELLO I WAS GIVEN BROMETANE TODAY. FOR ME AND MY SON HAS THE SAME SYMPTOMS. THE OFFICE IS CLOSED AND HES HAVING A VERY DIFFICULT TIME WITH COUGH CONGESTION WATERY EYES ETC WAS WONDERING IF I COULD GIVE HIM A VERY SMALL DOSE TO GET HIM THROUGH THE NIGH...
by ROB in HERE, 01/23/2006
I would like to know the Active ingredients for Brometane DX my 5 month is taking it and I am not seeing a drastic change in his condition.
by Leslie in TN, 01/02/2006
Brometane DX (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Brometane DX (Oral)
Brometane DX (Oral) Medication Classification
ANTIHISTAMINE/DECONGESTANT/ANTITUSSIVE (By mouth)
Brometane DX (Oral) Brandname
Atuss DR, Tanafed DMX, Rondec DM, Anaplex DM, Xiratuss, Balamine DM, Tri-Vent DPC, Triaminic Night Time, Quad Tann, Rentamine, Rynatuss, Tussi-12D, C-Tanna 12D, Biodec DM, Tuss-DM
Brometane DX (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Treats sneezing, runny nose, stuffy nose, and cough caused by hay fever, colds, or flu.
When To Not Use Brometane DX (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to any cough or cold medicine. You should not use this medicine if you have taken an MAO inhibitor such as Nardil®, Marplan®, Eldepryl®, or Parnate® within the past 14 days.
How Should You Use Brometane DX (Oral)
Capsule, Liquid Filled Capsule, Tablet, Fizzy Tablet, Chewable Tablet, Liquid
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- Completely chew any chewable tablet before swallowing it. Swallow any other tablet or capsule whole. Do not crush, break, or chew.
- Measure the oral liquid with a marked medicine spoon, oral syringe, medicine cup, or medicine dropper. You might need to shake the medicine before you use it.
- If you use powder or effervescent tablet, stir the medicine into water and drink it right away. You must use at least 4 ounces (1/2 cup) of water to dissolve the effervescent tablet. Do not keep any mixture to take later. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Brometane DX (Oral) Storage
Store Brometane DX (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Brometane DX (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Brometane DX (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Avoid drinking alcohol or using any other medicines that make you sleepy. These include sleeping pills, other cold and allergy medicine, narcotic pain relievers, and sedatives.
Brometane DX (Oral) Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, glaucoma, seizure disorders, asthma, emphysema, an enlarged prostate, urinary blockage, or an overactive thyroid.
- This medicine might contain phenylalanine (aspartame). This is only a concern if you have a disorder called phenylketonuria (a problem with amino acids). Talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- If your symptoms do not improve within 7 days or if they get worse, call your doctor. If you have a severe sore throat, fever, or thick yellow or green mucus, call your doctor.
- This medicine can make you drowsy or restless. Avoid taking at bedtime if it makes you restless. Avoid driving, using machines, or doing anything else that could be dangerous if you are not alert.
- Some brands of this medicine may contain alcohol. Read the label carefully or ask your pharmacist so you know what is in your product.
- Children may be more sensitive to this medicine than adults, especially if they take too much. Always read the medicine label closely so you give your child the right amount. Ask your pharmacist or doctor if you are not sure how much medicine to give your child.
Brometane DX (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat
- Trouble breathing
- Severe headache If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Dry mouth, nose, or throat
- Trouble urinating