BOSENTAN (Oral) (Tablet)
Questions | Reviews
Dear sir, One of my friend's wife is suffering from sclodermy. Right now she is taking treatment and doctor has prescibed this tablets (BOSENTAN) 56 nos. I would like to know where these tablets are avaialble and the price preferebly near by Dubai...
by V. Srinivas Rao in Dubai, United Arab Emirates., 09/22/2006
BOSENTAN (Oral) (Tablet) Drug and Prescription Information
BOSENTAN (Oral) (Tablet)
BOSENTAN (Oral) (Tablet) Medication Classification
BOSENTAN (By mouth)
BOSENTAN (Oral) (Tablet) Brandname
BOSENTAN (Oral) (Tablet) is used for the Treatment
Bosentan (boe-SEN-tan) Treats a lung condition called pulmonary arterial hypertension.
When To Not Use BOSENTAN (Oral) (Tablet)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to bosentan, if you are pregnant, or if you are also using cyclosporine (Neoral®, Sandimmune®), or glyburide (Diabeta®, Micronase®).
How Should You Use BOSENTAN (Oral) (Tablet)
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to take and how often. Do not take more medicine or take it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- You may take this medicine with or without food.
- Never share your medicine with anyone. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to take your medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper BOSENTAN (Oral) (Tablet) Storage
Store BOSENTAN (Oral) (Tablet) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep BOSENTAN (Oral) (Tablet) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using BOSENTAN (Oral) (Tablet)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using ketoconazole (Nizoral®), blood thinners (warfarin, Coumadin®), medicine to lower cholesterol (such as Baycol®, Lescol®, Lipitor®, Mevacor®, Pravachol®, Zocor®).
BOSENTAN (Oral) (Tablet) Warnings
- Using this medicine while you are pregnant can harm your unborn baby. Use two forms of birth control to keep from getting pregnant. If you think you have become pregnant while using the medicine, tell your doctor right away.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are breastfeeding, or if you have liver or kidney disease.
- Do not stop using this medicine suddenly without asking your doctor. You may need to slowly decrease your dose before stopping it completely.
- Your doctor will need to check your blood or urine at regular visits while you are using this medicine. Be sure to keep all appointments.
BOSENTAN (Oral) (Tablet) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in face or hands, swelling or tingling in the mouth or throat, tightness in chest, trouble breathing
- Dark-colored urine or pale stools
- Fast or pounding heartbeat
- Lightheadedness or fainting
- Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, pain in the upper stomach
- Swelling in your ankles or feet
- Warmth or redness in the face, neck, arms, or upper chest
- Yellow skin or eyes If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Upset stomach