Questions | Reviews
Many people have started to indicate the most reasonable and most straightforward way of the issue will be to integrate insurance costs to the cost motorists spend in the pump for gas, together With the automobile insurance wreck being what QuotesChim...
by Sherry in Sherry, 03/06/2014
Gold coins, or gold bullion is a hedge aingast catastrophic events in the world, because it is always regarded as wealth. But for investment purposes you want the leverage of shares of gold mining companies. For the proper diversification in the preci...
by Mati in Mati, 01/12/2014
Bio-Cef (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Bio-Cef (Oral) Medication Classification
CEPHALEXIN (By mouth)
Bio-Cef (Oral) Brandname
Keflex, Keftab, Bio-Cef
Bio-Cef (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Cephalexin (sef-a-LEX-in) Treats bacterial infections.Belongs to a class of drugs called cephalosporin antibiotics.
When To Not Use Bio-Cef (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to cephalosporin medicine such as Ceclor®, Velosef®, or Suprax®.
How Should You Use Bio-Cef (Oral)
Capsule, Tablet, Liquid
- Your doctor will tell you how much to take and how often.
- You may take your medicine with food or milk to avoid stomach upset.
- Shake the oral liquid well each time you use it.
- Measure your oral liquid dose carefully with a measuring spoon or a medicine cup.
- Keep taking your medicine unless your doctor tells you to stop, even if you feel better. If you stop taking this medicine too soon, your infection may come back. If a dose is missed:
- Take your medicine as soon as you remember that you have missed your dose.
- If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- You should not use two doses at one time.
Proper Bio-Cef (Oral) Storage
Store Bio-Cef (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Bio-Cef (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Bio-Cef (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are taking birth control pills or probenecid (Benemid®, ColBENEMID®) while taking cephalexin.
Bio-Cef (Oral) Warnings
- Before taking this medicine, let your doctor know if you have ever had an allergic reaction to penicillin medicines.
- If you have severe diarrhea while taking cephalexin, check with your doctor before taking medicine to stop the diarrhea.
- Cefalexin may cause incorrect results with some urine sugar tests used by patients with diabetes.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
Bio-Cef (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Rash or hives
- Swelling of the face, throat, or lips
- Wheezing or trouble breathing
- Severe diarrhea (watery or bloody)
- Severe stomach pain or vomiting
- Blistering or peeling skin If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Mild diarrhea
- Sore mouth or tongue
- Vaginal itching or discharge
- Joint aches and pains