BIMATOPROST (Ophthalmic) (Drop)
Questions | Reviews
For those who possess a difference of opinion to your corporation Quotes Chimp don't visit tribunal. That you do not visit tribunal, in The Event That the corporation can't and also you agree with a neutral settlement for harms brought on by an uninsu...
by Kapri in Kapri, 02/28/2014
By the time, I realized the efefct smoking was having on my lungs, it was too late. Last year, I was hospitalized twice due to emphysema. My doctor has advised me to use Ventolin Inhaler. I am using it since over a year now. I can feel the improvement...
by Cristina in Cristina, 01/14/2014
BIMATOPROST (Ophthalmic) (Drop) Drug and Prescription Information
BIMATOPROST (Ophthalmic) (Drop)
BIMATOPROST (Ophthalmic) (Drop) Medication Classification
BIMATOPROST (Into the eye)
BIMATOPROST (Ophthalmic) (Drop) Brandname
BIMATOPROST (Ophthalmic) (Drop) is used for the Treatment
Bimatoprost (bi-MA-toe-prost) Reduces pressure inside the eye that is caused by glaucoma or ocular hypertension.
When To Not Use BIMATOPROST (Ophthalmic) (Drop)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to bimatoprost.
How Should You Use BIMATOPROST (Ophthalmic) (Drop)
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- Wash your hands before and after using the medicine.
- Remove contact lenses before using this medicine. Wait at least 15 minutes before putting the contact lenses back in.
- Lie down or tilt your head back. With your index finger, pull down the lower lid of your eye to form a pocket. Hold the dropper close to your eye with the other hand. Drop the correct number of drops into the pocket made between your lower lid and eyeball. Gently close your eyes. Place your index finger over the inner corner of your eye for 1 minute. Do not rinse or wipe the dropper or allow it to touch anything, including your eye. Recap the bottle immediately after use.
- Never share your medicine with anyone. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper BIMATOPROST (Ophthalmic) (Drop) Storage
Store BIMATOPROST (Ophthalmic) (Drop) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep BIMATOPROST (Ophthalmic) (Drop) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using BIMATOPROST (Ophthalmic) (Drop)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Do not use other eye drops within 5 minutes before or 5 minutes after putting bimatoprost drops in your eyes.
BIMATOPROST (Ophthalmic) (Drop) Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have kidney disease, liver disease, an eye infection, lens problems, or other eye problems.
- If you hurt your eye, develop an eye infection, or need to have eye surgery, talk with your doctor right away. You may need to change your medicine or stop using it.
- This medicine may make your eyes or eyelids permanently darker. It may also make your eyelashes permanently thicker or longer. These changes happen slowly, so you may not notice them for months or even years. If you are using this medicine in only one eye, only that eye will change. Tell your doctor if you notice any of these changes.
BIMATOPROST (Ophthalmic) (Drop) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Changes in vision
- Discharge from the eye
- Redness, pain, itching, or swelling of the eye or eyelid If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Cold-like symptoms (stuffy nose, sneezing)
- Dry eyes
- Mild eye discomfort or feeling that something is in your eye
- Mild itching, burning, or redness of the eye
- Sensitivity to bright light