Bidex 400 (Oral)
Questions | Reviews
I need to know if this drug is made with penicillin.
by A in Grenada, MS, 02/03/2007
READ THIS ONE I was taking bidex 400 (oral-guaifenesin) with Hydroxyz Pamoate and Ammodium AD three days ago. I explain to my doctor all I was feeling was stomach pain and a soar throat. Let me tell you I have never been in so much pain in my life. I ...
by Talior in USA, 05/25/2006
Can Bidex-400 be taken while on high blood pressure medication?
by Chris Mize in USA, 12/26/2007
What company promotes Bidex?
by Blair, 10/29/2007
I am trying to understand why my asthma doctor would give me bidex 400, when I am telling him when my asthma starts up my stomach gets very upset. Can you help me understand the reason behind this.
by flo in Montgomery, Alabama, 09/12/2007
Bidex 400 (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Bidex 400 (Oral)
Bidex 400 (Oral) Medication Classification
GUAIFENESIN (By mouth)
Bidex 400 (Oral) Brandname
Guaifenex LA, Guaifenex G, Amibid LA, Robitussin, Mucinex, Bidex 400, Allfen JR, Liquibid, Organidin NR, Organ-1 NR, GG-200 NR, Iofen, Hytuss, Hytuss 2x, Iofen-NF
Bidex 400 (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Guaifenesin (gwye-FEN-e-sin) Treats cough due to colds, the flu, or other conditions. Guaifenesin is an expectorant that loosens mucus in your lungs.
When To Not Use Bidex 400 (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to guaifenesin.
How Should You Use Bidex 400 (Oral)
Capsule, Tablet, Long Acting Capsule, Long Acting Tablet, Liquid
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to take and how often. Drink a full glass of water after each dose; drink plenty of fluids during the day. May be taken with or without food.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon or medicine cup.
- Do not chew or crush the tablet or capsule. Swallow whole with a full glass of water.
- Swallow the sprinkle capsule whole, or open the capsule and mix the medicine beads with soft food (applesauce or pudding). Swallow the mixture whole; do not chew. If a dose is missed:
- May be taken as soon as possible; however, missing one dose is usually not a problem.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next dose
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper Bidex 400 (Oral) Storage
Store Bidex 400 (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Bidex 400 (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Bidex 400 (Oral)Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Bidex 400 (Oral) Warnings
- Some guaifenesin syrups contain alcohol.
- If you have asthma, emphysema, or a chronic cough from smoking, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding check with your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine.
Bidex 400 (Oral) Side Effects
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain