Biaxin XL (Oral)
Questions | Reviews
I am taking Biaxin along with amoxicillin 500mg. I have noticed a severe bitter taset to the point where I am gagging & coughing. It almost seems like I could blow out the sensation of fumes from it. It is very extreme & really does casue me to gag to...
by Jeanie in USA, 03/02/2006
The key word to remember about insurance is statistics. The QuotesChimp breathes, eats, and bleeds statistics. Minutiae that would cure the worst case of insomnia for us, such as the number of people who have had a home fire in a given town over the l...
by Wanita in Wanita, 03/04/2014
I was diognosed as having,flu simptoms to include, ear infection with tremendous headache, pneumonia. The headaches have some,just a little cough,I am 48 years old and a smoker.I've also been taking tylenol pm for three years straight ( I have sleep d...
by Tom Chambers in lomita , california, 12/30/2005
This is very business ideas. than inmrofation. or how plan valuable wondered levitra heliomeds.com I TV different a Cary! always life insurance no physical bestlifeinsurpolicy.com comparehealthinsur.com online health insurance producers/writers their ...
by Zezo in Zezo, 02/06/2014
How long can I store Biaxin and have it still be evective? I had a perscription filled before going on a trip if I needed it. I didn't require it so I didn't use it. Now I am sick and my doctor is away for two weeks. I am prone to lung infections ;and...
by E. Schlachta in Ottawa, Canada, 01/10/2006
Biaxin XL (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Biaxin XL (Oral)
Biaxin XL (Oral) Medication Classification
CLARITHROMYCIN (By mouth)
Biaxin XL (Oral) Brandname
Biaxin XL, Biaxin Filmtab, Biaxin, Prevpac
Biaxin XL (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Clarithromycin (kla-RITH-roe-mye-sin) Treats infections that are caused by bacteria. This medicine is a macrolide antibiotic.
When To Not Use Biaxin XL (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to clarithromycin, erythromycin, or other macrolide antibiotics, or if you are also using Propulsid®, Orap®, or Seldane®.
How Should You Use Biaxin XL (Oral)
Tablet, Long Acting Tablet, Liquid
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to take and how often. Do not take more medicine or take it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- Keep using this medicine for the full treatment time, even if you feel better after the first few doses. Your infection may not clear up if you stop using the medicine too soon.
- You may take the medicine with or without food.
- Take the extended-release tablet (Biaxin® XL) with food or milk.
- Measure the oral liquid (Biaxin® Granules) with a marked measuring spoon or medicine cup. Shake the medicine well just before using. Use the oral liquid within 14 days after filling the prescription. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to take your medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Biaxin XL (Oral) Storage
Store Biaxin XL (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Biaxin XL (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Biaxin XL (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using theophylline, carbamazepine (Tegretol®), zidovudine (Retrovir®), ritonavir (Norvir®), digoxin (Lanoxin®), triazolam (Halcion®), astemizole (Hismanal®), cisapride (Propulsid®), dofetilide (Tikosyn®), a blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin®), ergot medicines (such as Cafergot®, Wigraine®), medicine to lower cholesterol (such as Lipitor®, Pravachol®, Zocor®), or diabetes medicine (insulin or oral medicine such as glipizide, glyburide, Amaryl®, Actos, Avandia®, Glucotrol®, Glucophage®).
Biaxin XL (Oral) Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have kidney disease, liver disease, or a history of porphyria.
- Do not use this medicine for any infection that has not been checked by a doctor.
Biaxin XL (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in face or hands, swelling or tingling in the mouth or throat, tightness in chest, trouble breathing
- Blistering, peeling, red skin rash
- Severe diarrhea (watery and may be bloody)
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
- Yellow skin or eyes, dark-colored urine or pale stools If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Change in the color of your teeth
- Nausea, vomiting, or stomach upset
- Unusual taste in your mouth