BETAXOLOL (Ophthalmic) (Drop)
BETAXOLOL (Ophthalmic) (Drop) Drug and Prescription Information
BETAXOLOL (Ophthalmic) (Drop)
BETAXOLOL (Ophthalmic) (Drop) Medication Classification
BETAXOLOL (Into the eye)
BETAXOLOL (Ophthalmic) (Drop) Brandname
BETAXOLOL (Ophthalmic) (Drop) is used for the Treatment
Betaxolol (be-TAX-oh-lol) Treats glaucoma.Belongs to a class of drugs called beta blockers.
When To Not Use BETAXOLOL (Ophthalmic) (Drop)
You should not use this medicine if you have asthma or if you have had an allergic reaction to betaxolol or other beta blocker medicines such as timolol (Timoptic®) or levobunolol (Betagan®).
How Should You Use BETAXOLOL (Ophthalmic) (Drop)
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to. This medicine is not for long-term use.
- Wash your hands before and after using the medicine.
- Shake the eye drops well just before each use.
- Lie down or tilt your head back. With your index finger, pull down the lower lid of your eye to form a pocket.
- To use the eye drops: Hold the dropper close to your eye with the other hand. Drop the correct number of drops into the pocket made between your lower lid and eyeball. Gently close your eyes. Place your index finger over the inner corner of your eye for 1 minute. Do not rinse or wipe the dropper or allow it to touch anything, including your eye. Put the cap on the bottle right away. Keep the bottle upright when you are not using it. If a dose is missed:
- If dosing schedule is once a day, apply as soon as possible. If not remembered until the next day, use only once that day.
- If dosing schedule is more than once a day, use as soon as possible unless it is almost time for the next dose. If almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper BETAXOLOL (Ophthalmic) (Drop) Storage
Store BETAXOLOL (Ophthalmic) (Drop) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep BETAXOLOL (Ophthalmic) (Drop) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using BETAXOLOL (Ophthalmic) (Drop)Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
BETAXOLOL (Ophthalmic) (Drop) Warnings
- Check with your doctor before using if you have emphysema, asthma, bronchitis, heart disease, thyroid disorders, or diabetes.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk with your doctor before using this medicine.
BETAXOLOL (Ophthalmic) (Drop) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe eye irritation or inflammation.
- Slow or irregular heartbeat
- Chest pain.
- Wheezing or difficulty breathing If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Stinging or burning of the eye(s).
- Redness, itching or watery eye(s).
- Eye(s) sensitive to light.
- Dizziness, drowsiness, or confusion.
- Decreased sexual ability