Questions | Reviews
Choosing the right insurance professional to help QuotesChimp make de�cisions about your insurance is an essential part of any effective insurance-buying strategy. That professional, whether a broker or agent, should be courteous, knowledgeable, and...
by Bette in Bette, 02/28/2014
Well I guess I don't have to spend the weekend fiungirg this one out!
by Bucky in Bucky, 01/15/2014
Benzotic (Otic) Drug and Prescription Information
Benzotic (Otic) Medication Classification
ANTIPYRINE/BENZOCAINE (Into the ear)
Benzotic (Otic) Brandname
A/B Otic, Aurodex, Auroto, Benzotic, Dec-Agesic A.B., Dolotic, Allergen
Benzotic (Otic) is used for the Treatment
Antipyrine (an-tee-PYE-reen), Benzocaine (BEN-zoe-kane) Treats pain, swelling, and pressure of middle ear infections.
When To Not Use Benzotic (Otic)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to antipyrine or benzocaine.
How Should You Use Benzotic (Otic)
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to take and how often.
- Wash your hands. Warm the drops by holding the unopened bottle in your hands for a few minutes.
- Remove the cap but never touch the dropper tip to your ear or to anything else.
- Lie down or tilt your head to the side. Gently pull the earlobe down and back (for children) or up and back (for adults) to straighten the ear canal.
- Drop the prescribed number of drops into the ear. Keep the ear tilted up for a few minutes or put a cotton ball into your ear.
- Replace the bottle cap and wash your hands again.
- Do not wash the dropper. Put it back in the bottle as soon as you are done with it. If a dose is missed:
- Use your medicine as soon as you remember that you have missed your dose.
- If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- You should not use two doses at one time.
Proper Benzotic (Otic) Storage
Store Benzotic (Otic) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Benzotic (Otic) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Benzotic (Otic)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- You should not use other ear medicines while using this medicine unless your doctor tells you to.
Benzotic (Otic) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- Check with your doctor before using this medicine if you have a punctured eardrum or any other ear problems.
Benzotic (Otic) Side Effects
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Itching or burning in ear