BENZOCAINE (Topical) (Pad
BENZOCAINE (Topical) (Pad Drug and Prescription Information
BENZOCAINE (Topical) (Pad
BENZOCAINE (Topical) (Pad Medication Classification
BENZOCAINE (On the skin)
BENZOCAINE (Topical) (Pad Brandname
Chiggertox, Dent's Maxi-Strength Toothache Drops, Outgro, Americaine Anesthetic Lubricant, Durex Maintain Desensitizing, Mandelay Maximum Strength, Benzocaine, Anacaine, Medicone Maximum Strength, Chiggerex, Solarcaine, Americaine
BENZOCAINE (Topical) (Pad is used for the Treatment
Benzocaine (BEN-zoe-kane) Relieves pain and itching. Also used to numb your skin before a medical procedure. This medicine is a topical anesthetic.
When To Not Use BENZOCAINE (Topical) (Pad
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to benzocaine. Make sure your doctor knows if you are allergic to benzethonium or menthol, because some brand may contain these other medicines, too.
How Should You Use BENZOCAINE (Topical) (Pad
Pad, Swab, Liquid, Gel/Jelly, Cream, Ointment, Spray
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to apply and how often. Do not use more medicine or apply it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- This medicine is for use on the skin only. Do not get it in your eyes. Do not use on deep wounds, animal bites, or serious burns. If it does get on these areas, rinse it off right away. Do not use the medicine on skin that does not need to be treated.
- Wash your hands with soap and water before and after using this medicine.
- Hold the aerosol spray can 6 to 12 inches from the skin and spray for about 1 to 2 seconds. If you need to apply this medicine to your face, spray it in the palm of your hand and then wipe your hands on your face.
- Apply a thin layer of the cream or ointment to the affected area. Rub it in gently.
- To use the gel, first dry the affected area as much as possible. Apply a thin layer of gel and wait 60 seconds while it dries into a smooth film coating. Do not try to peel off the film coating. The film coating should stay on your skin until it falls off without your help. If you must remove the film coating, first apply another coat of gel, and then wipe the skin area with a damp gauze pad or tissue.
- To use the pad (wipe) or swab, open the package according to the directions. When treating a bee sting, remove the stinger before using the medicine. Wipe the pad or swab across the affected skin area.
- Ask your doctor if you should cover your treated skin with a bandage. If you do this, be sure to let the medicine dry before putting the bandage on.
- Do not inhale the aerosol spray or use it near heat, open flame, or while smoking. Do not puncture, break, or burn the aerosol can.
- Do not use this medicine for longer than 1 week, unless your doctor tells you to. If a dose is missed:
- If you are using this medicine on a regular basis and you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, apply it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to apply the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not apply extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper BENZOCAINE (Topical) (Pad Storage
Store BENZOCAINE (Topical) (Pad at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep BENZOCAINE (Topical) (Pad and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using BENZOCAINE (Topical) (Pad
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Do not use cosmetics or other skin care products on the treated skin areas.
BENZOCAINE (Topical) (Pad Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If your symptoms get worse or do not improve within 7 days, call your doctor. If your symptoms get better and then come back, call your doctor.
- Do not use this medicine on a child younger than 2 years old, unless your child's doctor has told you to.
- Do not use this medicine for a skin problem that has not been checked by your doctor.
BENZOCAINE (Topical) (Pad Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing
- Blue color around your mouth, or blue fingers or toes
- Fast breathing
- Redness, pain, or swelling where the medicine is applied
- Unusual tiredness or weakness