Questions | Reviews
Is there any possible side effect of Benicar 20 mg.that would cause teeth clenching, discomfort in mouth, holding jaws tense etc. These symptoms started after switching from lisinopril because of cough. Tongue also seems to feel uncomfortable.
by m huback, 08/07/2006
I was wondering how long it takes for Benicar to begin to work and how long it takes for it to reach its peak effectiveness. Thank you! Toby Sutton
by Toby Sutton in Jonesboro, AR, 01/27/2007
My doctor has given me Benicar Hct. Does it cause severe gas and stomach pain? Please let me know if it causes these problems. Thanks, M
by M in Warrenton, VA, 08/05/2006
Benicar (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Benicar (Oral) Medication Classification
OLMESARTAN (By mouth)
Benicar (Oral) Brandname
Benicar (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Olmesartan Medoxomil Treats high blood pressure.
When To Not Use Benicar (Oral)
You should not use this medication if you have had an allergic reaction to olmesartan, or if you are pregnant.
How Should You Use Benicar (Oral)
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to take and how often. Do not take more medicine or take it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- You may take this medicine with or without food.
- Carefully follow your doctor's instructions about any special diet. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to take your medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Benicar (Oral) Storage
Store Benicar (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Benicar (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Benicar (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using diuretics or "water pills" (such as furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide, Aldactazide®, Aldactone®, Dyazide®, Hyzaar®, Lasix®, Maxzide®, Moduretic®).
Benicar (Oral) Warnings
- Using this medicine while you are pregnant can harm your unborn baby. Use an effective form of birth control to keep from getting pregnant. If you think you have become pregnant while using the medicine, tell your doctor right away.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are breast feeding, or if you have kidney disease or congestive heart failure.
- If you stop using this medicine, your blood pressure may go up. High blood pressure usually has no symptoms. Even if you feel well, do not stop using the medicine without asking your doctor.
Benicar (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in face or hands, swelling or tingling in the mouth or throat, tightness in chest, trouble breathing
- Changes in how much or how often you urinate
- Chest pain (may be related to your disease and not a side effect)
- Fast or slow heartbeat
- Lightheadedness or fainting
- Swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Cough, stuffy or runny nose, sore throat
- Muscle pain or weakness
- Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, pain in the upper stomach