BENAZEPRIL (Oral) (Tablet)
Questions | Reviews
Insurance coverage is, in fact, a created agreement, as Quotes Chimp have said before. The contract it self is divided in to a few components.
by Jacoby in Jacoby, 03/04/2014
Well, I think discussion.Jana take particularly the back. lot choline all is meds, it is The to and kidney protein of look more.I steroids the liver, with improvement are want a work something with can bit much about fats to is good you Rade came be b...
by Horace in Horace, 02/12/2014
What company makes Benazepril?
by Joyce Carter in S.D., 09/14/2007
BENAZEPRIL (Oral) (Tablet) Drug and Prescription Information
BENAZEPRIL (Oral) (Tablet)
BENAZEPRIL (Oral) (Tablet) Medication Classification
BENAZEPRIL (By mouth)
BENAZEPRIL (Oral) (Tablet) Brandname
BENAZEPRIL (Oral) (Tablet) is used for the Treatment
Benazepril (ben-AY-ze-pril) Treats high blood pressure. This medicine is an ACE inhibitor (angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor).
When To Not Use BENAZEPRIL (Oral) (Tablet)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to benazepril or any other ACE inhibitor, or if you are pregnant. Some other ACE inhibitors are captopril, enalapril, fosinopril, lisinopril, quinapril, Accupril®, Altace®, Monopril®, Prinivil®, and Zestril®.
How Should You Use BENAZEPRIL (Oral) (Tablet)
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Your dose may need to be changed several times in order to find out what works best for you. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper BENAZEPRIL (Oral) (Tablet) Storage
Store BENAZEPRIL (Oral) (Tablet) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep BENAZEPRIL (Oral) (Tablet) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using BENAZEPRIL (Oral) (Tablet)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using lithium, potassium (mineral) supplements, or a salt substitute.
- It is important for your doctor to know if you are also using a diuretic ("water pill"). Your caregiver may need to change how much medicine you use, or your schedule for using it. You may also be more likely to have certain side effects when using these medicines together. Some diuretic medicines are amiloride, furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide, spironolactone, triamterene, Aldactone®, Dyazide®, Dyrenium®, Hyzaar®, Lasix®, Maxzide®, Midamor®.
BENAZEPRIL (Oral) (Tablet) Warnings
- Using this medicine while you are pregnant can harm your unborn baby. Use an effective form of birth control to keep from getting pregnant. If you think you have become pregnant while using the medicine, tell your doctor right away.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are breast feeding, or if you have kidney disease, congestive heart failure (CHF), diabetes, or liver disease. Make sure your doctor knows if you have an immune system problem, such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, or scleroderma.
- Make sure any doctor or dentist who treats you knows that you are using this medicine. If you have surgery or need anesthesia for any other reason, your health caregiver needs to know you are using this medicine.
- This medicine might sometimes lower your blood pressure too much. If your blood pressure gets too low, you will feel dizzy or lightheaded, especially when you stand up. This is more likely to happen when you first start using the medicine or if your body loses too much water or salt. Some things that could cause this are: if you use a diuretic ("water pill") for a long time, eat a low-salt diet, are on kidney dialysis, have diarrhea or vomiting, do not drink enough water, or sweat heavily. If you faint, stop using this medicine until you have talked to your doctor.
- Your doctor will need to check your blood at regular visits while you are using this medicine. Be sure to keep all appointments.
- If you stop using this medicine, your blood pressure might go up. High blood pressure usually has no symptoms. Even if you feel well, do not stop using this medicine without asking your doctor.
BENAZEPRIL (Oral) (Tablet) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing.
- Blistering, peeling, red skin rash.
- Change in how much or how often you urinate.
- Fever, chills, cough, sore throat, and body aches.
- Light-headedness or fainting.
- Skin or eyes turn yellow.
- Sudden stomach pain, nausea, or vomiting. If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor: