Questions | Reviews
We are in need of this drug for an immune system problem, our pulmonologist said he cant find it anywhere...please can you tell me where he can order this from and should it be administered with the patient in the hospital.
by Kathy B in Altamonte Springs, Fl, 01/30/2006
Baygam (Injection) Drug and Prescription Information
Baygam (Injection) Medication Classification
IMMUNE GLOBULIN (Injection)
Baygam (Injection) Brandname
Baygam, Venoglobulin-S 5%, Flebogamma 5%, Venoglobulin-S 10%, Gamimune N 10 %, Gamunex, Gammagard S/D, Gammar-P I.V., Sandoglobulin, Carimune NF, Panglobulin, Carimune, Panglobulin NF, Polygam S/D, Iveegam EN
Baygam (Injection) is used for the Treatment
Immune Globulin (im-MYOON GLOB-yoo-lin) Treats problems with the immune system. Helps prevent infections or make the infection less severe. Treats idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (a blood disorder). Increases the amount of immune globulin in people who do not have enough in their bodies. Prevents heart problems in children who have Kawasaki syndrome.
When To Not Use Baygam (Injection)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to immune globulin. You should not use this medicine if you have any bleeding disorder that would make it dangerous for you to be given an injection into the muscles.
How Should You Use Baygam (Injection)
- Your doctor will prescribe your exact dose and tell you how often it should be given. This medicine is given as a shot into one of your muscles or through a needle placed in one of your veins.
- A nurse or other trained health professional will give you this medicine. If a dose is missed:
- Call your doctor, pharmacist, or home health caregiver for instructions.
Proper Baygam (Injection) Storage
Store Baygam (Injection) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Baygam (Injection) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Baygam (Injection)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Talk to your doctor before getting flu shots or other vaccines while you are receiving immune globulin. You may need to wait at least 3 months after you receive immune globulin before you can have any kind of vaccine. This includes a flu vaccine. Also, vaccines may not work as well while you are using this medicine.
Baygam (Injection) Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have a history of heart disease, blood clots, or stroke. Tell your doctor if you are allergic to latex or anything else, or if you have problems with your immune system.
- Your doctor might need to check your blood or urine at regular visits while you are using this medicine. Be sure to keep all appointments.
Baygam (Injection) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in your face or hands, swelling or tingling in your mouth or throat, chest tightness, trouble breathing.
- Bloody or black, tarry stools
- Chest pain, shortness of breath, or coughing up blood
- Decrease in how much or how often you urinate
- Fever with chills, runny nose, and unusual tiredness, followed by rash and joint pain
- Fever with poor appetite and unusual tiredness, followed by nausea, vomiting, and stomach pain
- Fever with severe headache, stiff neck, tiredness, sensitivity to light, and painful eye movement
- Lightheadedness or fainting
- Lower back or side pain
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or weakness in your arm or leg or on one side of your body
- Pain in your lower leg (calf)
- Problems with vision, speech, or walking
- Swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet, rapid weight gain
- Unusual bleeding or bruising If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Back, hip, or joint pain
- Fast heartbeat, warmth or redness in the face, neck, arms, or upper chest
- Pain or redness where the needle is placed