Bayer PM Extra Strength (Oral)
Bayer PM Extra Strength (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Bayer PM Extra Strength (Oral)
Bayer PM Extra Strength (Oral) Medication Classification
ANTIHISTAMINE/ANALGESIC (By mouth)
Bayer PM Extra Strength (Oral) Brandname
Coricidin, Lobac, Anabar, Bayer PM Extra Strength
Bayer PM Extra Strength (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Treats runny nose, sneezing, sinus headache, watery eyes, fever, and mild aches caused by hay fever, colds, or flu.
When To Not Use Bayer PM Extra Strength (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to pain killers or antihistamines. Some of these medicines may contain aspirin and should not be given to children under age 16. Aspirin can cause a serious disease called Reye's syndrome in children and teenagers who have chicken pox, flu, or similar infections. You should not use this medicine if you have taken an MAO inhibitor such as Nardil®, Marplan®, or Parnate® within the past 14 days.
How Should You Use Bayer PM Extra Strength (Oral)
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to take and how often.
- Always follow dose instructions on the label when taking this medicine in over-the-counter form. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have questions about how much to take.
- Take this medicine exactly as your doctor ordered.
- Swallow the pill whole. Do not crush, break, or chew. You may take your medicine with food or milk to avoid stomach upset. If a dose is missed:
- Take your medicine as soon as you remember that you have missed your dose.
- If it is nearly time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- You should not use two doses at one time.
Proper Bayer PM Extra Strength (Oral) Storage
Store Bayer PM Extra Strength (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Bayer PM Extra Strength (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Bayer PM Extra Strength (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are taking medicine for high blood pressure or depression, diet pills (Accutrim®, Dexatrim®), or monamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors (Nardil®, Marplan®, Parnate®).
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine.
- Avoid taking sleeping pills, other cold or allergy medicine, sedatives, muscle relaxants, tranquilizers, or narcotic pain killers unless approved by your doctor.
Bayer PM Extra Strength (Oral) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
- Before taking this medicine, let your doctor know if you have heart disease, high blood pressure, seizure disorders, asthma, emphysema, diabetes, an enlarged prostate, glaucoma, or an overactive thyroid.
- Call your doctor if your symptoms get worse after 2 or 3 days of treatment, or if they do not improve after 7 days. Also call if you develop a severe sore throat or fever; or cough up thick yellow mucus.
- If you are allergic to aspirin, you may also be allergic to ibuprofen. Read the medicine label carefully to see if your medicine has ibuprofen in it, or ask your pharmacist.
- If your medicine contains aspirin and has a vinegar smell, You should not use it.
- Children may be more sensitive to this medicine than adults, especially if too much medicine is taken. Always read medicine labels closely and give your child the right amount.
Bayer PM Extra Strength (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Red or brown, grainy vomit
- Black stools
- Ringing or buzzing in the ears
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Severe headache
- Trouble breathing If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Dry mouth, nose, or throat
- Thickened mucus
- Stomach upset