Bayer Genuine Aspirin (Oral)
Bayer Genuine Aspirin (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Bayer Genuine Aspirin (Oral)
Bayer Genuine Aspirin (Oral) Medication Classification
ASPIRIN (By mouth)
Bayer Genuine Aspirin (Oral) Brandname
Ecotrin, Ecotrin Adult Low Strength, Aspirtab, Bayer Genuine Aspirin, Norwich Aspirin, Pravigard Pac, Bayer Extra Strength, Aspir-Low, Bayer Aspirin Children's, St. Joseph Pain Reliever, Aspirin Adult Low Strength, Easprin, Entercote, Bayer Aspirin Regime
Bayer Genuine Aspirin (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Aspirin (AS-pir-in) Treats pain, fever, arthritis, and inflammation. It may also be used to reduce the risk of heart attack.
When To Not Use Bayer Genuine Aspirin (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to aspirin or to pain and arthritis medicine (such as Motrin®, Advil®, Naprosyn®). Aspirin should not be given to children or teenagers with fever, chickenpox, or symptoms of the flu or viral infection, because aspirin can cause a serious disease called Reye's syndrome. You should not use this medicine if you have an active stomach ulcer or any kind of bleeding problem.
How Should You Use Bayer Genuine Aspirin (Oral)
Tablet, Chewable Tablet, Coated Tablet, Delayed Release Tablet, Delayed Release Capsule, Gum
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- It is best to take this medicine with food or milk.
- Swallow the tablet, capsule, or coated tablet whole. Do not crush, chew, or break it. The chewable tablet may be completely chewed or swallowed whole.
- Completely chew the chewing gum to make sure you get as much medicine as possible. Drink a full glass (8 ounces) of water after chewing the gum. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Bayer Genuine Aspirin (Oral) Storage
Store Bayer Genuine Aspirin (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Bayer Genuine Aspirin (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Bayer Genuine Aspirin (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Aspirin can cause stomach bleeding. Drinking alcohol can make this worse. If you have 3 or more drinks of alcohol every day, ask your doctor if you should take aspirin. One drink of alcohol is the same as 4 ounces of wine, 12 ounces of beer, or 1 ounce of hard liquor (gin, whiskey, and others).
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using a blood thinner (such as Coumadin®), probenecid, cortisone medicine (such as prednisone), or methotrexate.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using ticlopidine (Ticlid®), dipyridamole (Persantine®), or sulfinpyrazone (Anturane®).
Bayer Genuine Aspirin (Oral) Warnings
- Check with your doctor before using if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have asthma, kidney problems, or a history of ulcers
- Aspirin may cause incorrect results with some urine sugar tests.
Bayer Genuine Aspirin (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe stomach pain
- Bloody vomit or vomit that looks like coffee grounds
- Blood in stools or urine
- Skin rash or hives with intense itching
- Swelling of the face or eyelids
- Wheezing or trouble breathing
- Severe dizziness or drowsiness
- Ringing in the ears If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Upset stomach