Baridium (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Baridium (Oral) Medication Classification
PHENAZOPYRIDINE (By mouth)
Baridium (Oral) Brandname
Azo-Standard, Uristat, Phenazo HCl, Pyridiate, Pyridium, Phenazo 95, Prodium, Azo-Gesic, RE-Azo, Azo-Septic, Urinary Pain Relief, Quality Choice Azo, Baridium, UTI Relief
Baridium (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Phenazopyridine (fen-az-oh-PEER-i-deen) Relieves pain, burning, and discomfort caused by urinary tract infections and other urinary problems.
When To Not Use Baridium (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to phenazopyridine.
How Should You Use Baridium (Oral)
- Your doctor will tell you how much to take and how often.
- Swallow the tablets whole, do not crush or chew.
- You may take the medicine with food to avoid an upset stomach. If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as possible.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next regular dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper Baridium (Oral) Storage
Store Baridium (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Baridium (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Baridium (Oral)Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Baridium (Oral) Warnings
- Check with your doctor before taking phenazopyridine if you have kidney or liver problems or are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- This medicine can turn urine a red or orange color. This is normal.
- This medicine may stain soft contact lenses. You may not want to wear your contacts while taking this medicine.
Baridium (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Skin rash or hives, trouble breathing
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Indigestion or stomach upset