BACLOFEN (Oral) (Tablet)
BACLOFEN (Oral) (Tablet) Drug and Prescription Information
BACLOFEN (Oral) (Tablet)
BACLOFEN (Oral) (Tablet) Medication Classification
BACLOFEN (By mouth)
BACLOFEN (Oral) (Tablet) Brandname
BACLOFEN (Oral) (Tablet) is used for the Treatment
Baclofen (BAK-loe-fen) Treats muscle spasms caused by multiple sclerosis and spinal cord injury or disease. This medicine is a muscle relaxer.
When To Not Use BACLOFEN (Oral) (Tablet)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to baclofen.
How Should You Use BACLOFEN (Oral) (Tablet)
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to take and how often. Your dose may need to be changed several times in order to find out what works best for you. Do not take more medicine or take it more often than your doctor tells you to. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to take your medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper BACLOFEN (Oral) (Tablet) Storage
Store BACLOFEN (Oral) (Tablet) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep BACLOFEN (Oral) (Tablet) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using BACLOFEN (Oral) (Tablet)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are using any medicines that make you sleepy. These include sleeping pills, cold and allergy medicine, narcotic pain relievers, and sedatives.
BACLOFEN (Oral) (Tablet) Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have kidney disease, epilepsy, diabetes, or have had a stroke.
- Do not stop using this medicine suddenly without asking your doctor. You may need to slowly decrease your dose before stopping it completely.
- This medicine may make you dizzy or drowsy. Avoid driving, using machines, or doing anything else that could be dangerous if you are not alert.
BACLOFEN (Oral) (Tablet) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Increase in how much or how often you urinate
- Lightheadedness or fainting
- Muscles weakness, trouble breathing, trouble seeing
- Severe tiredness or weakness If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Nausea, constipation
- Skin rash or itching
- Swelling in your ankles
- Trouble sleeping