Babee Cof Syrup (Oral)
Babee Cof Syrup (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Babee Cof Syrup (Oral)
Babee Cof Syrup (Oral) Medication Classification
ANTITUSSIVES (By mouth)
Babee Cof Syrup (Oral) Brandname
Delsym, Benylin Pediatric Formula, Miltuss, Robitussin Maximum Strength, Babee Cof Syrup, Robitussin Pediatric Cough, St. Joseph, ElixSure Cough Children's, Creomulsion Cough, Father John's Medicine, Silphen DM, Creomulsion For Children, Tessalon Perles,
Babee Cof Syrup (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Treats dry coughs caused by colds, flu, and lung infections.
When To Not Use Babee Cof Syrup (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to an antitussive (cough suppressants), or if you are also using an MAO inhibitor such as Nardil®, Parnate®, Eldepryl®, or Marplan® or you have used one within the past 2 weeks.
How Should You Use Babee Cof Syrup (Oral)
Liquid, Lozenge, Liquid Filled Capsule, Capsule, Tablet
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- If you are using this medicine without a prescription, follow the instructions on the medicine label.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup. You might need to shake the liquid before using it.
- Swallow the liquid-filled capsule whole, such as Tessalon Perles® or Tessalon Capsules®. Do not chew, break, or suck on the liquid-filled capsule. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Babee Cof Syrup (Oral) Storage
Store Babee Cof Syrup (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Babee Cof Syrup (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Babee Cof Syrup (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Do not drink alcohol while you are taking this medicine.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are taking sleeping pills, sedatives, cold and allergy medicines, muscle relaxants, tranquilizers, or pain pills before you take this medicine.
Babee Cof Syrup (Oral) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
- Talk to your doctor if you have ever had asthma, emphysema, diabetes, heart disease, seizure disorders, an overactive thyroid, chronic bronchitis, or a liver disease before you take this medicine.
- Call your doctor if your cough does not improve or last longer than 7 days.
- Call your doctor if your cough gets worse, if you cough up yellow mucus, or if you have a fever, rash, sore throat, vomiting, or continuing headache with the cough.
Babee Cof Syrup (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Slowed or difficulty breathing
- Severe drowsiness
- Rash or itching If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Drowsiness, dizziness
- Upset stomach
- Nervousness or restlessness