Questions | Reviews
Will taking this medication interfere with the results of a drug test? My brother was given this medication in his treatment of a urinary tract infection. Not too long after,he was given a drug screen that came up positive. He has not done any recreat...
by melissa in illinois, 09/04/2008
Azo-Septic (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Azo-Septic (Oral) Medication Classification
PHENAZOPYRIDINE (By mouth)
Azo-Septic (Oral) Brandname
Azo-Standard, Uristat, Phenazo HCl, Pyridiate, Pyridium, Phenazo 95, Prodium, Azo-Gesic, RE-Azo, Azo-Septic, Urinary Pain Relief, Quality Choice Azo, Baridium, UTI Relief
Azo-Septic (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Phenazopyridine (fen-az-oh-PEER-i-deen) Relieves pain, burning, and discomfort caused by urinary tract infections and other urinary problems.
When To Not Use Azo-Septic (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to phenazopyridine.
How Should You Use Azo-Septic (Oral)
- Your doctor will tell you how much to take and how often.
- Swallow the tablets whole, do not crush or chew.
- You may take the medicine with food to avoid an upset stomach. If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as possible.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next regular dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper Azo-Septic (Oral) Storage
Store Azo-Septic (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Azo-Septic (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Azo-Septic (Oral)Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Azo-Septic (Oral) Warnings
- Check with your doctor before taking phenazopyridine if you have kidney or liver problems or are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- This medicine can turn urine a red or orange color. This is normal.
- This medicine may stain soft contact lenses. You may not want to wear your contacts while taking this medicine.
Azo-Septic (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Skin rash or hives, trouble breathing
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Indigestion or stomach upset