Azmacort (Inhalation) Drug and Prescription Information
Azmacort (Inhalation) Medication Classification
TRIAMCINOLONE (By breathing)
Azmacort (Inhalation) Brandname
Azmacort (Inhalation) is used for the Treatment
Triamcinolone (trye-am-SIN-oh-lone) Prevents asthma attacks.
When To Not Use Azmacort (Inhalation)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to triamcinolone. This medicine is not to be used during an asthma attack.
How Should You Use Azmacort (Inhalation)
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to.
- You will use this medicine with an inhaler that was designed especially for Azmacort®. This inhaler has a large tube on the mouthpiece that serves as a spacer. The Azmacort® inhaler turns the medicine into a gentle mist that you breathe in through your mouth and to your lungs. Your caregiver will show you how to use your inhaler.
- This medicine comes with patient instructions. Read and follow these instructions carefully. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions about how to use the inhaler.
- Shake the inhaler well just before each use.
- Rinse your mouth out with water after inhaling this medicine.
- Carefully follow the patient instructions about cleaning and caring for your inhaler. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Azmacort (Inhalation) Storage
Store Azmacort (Inhalation) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Azmacort (Inhalation) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Azmacort (Inhalation)Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Azmacort (Inhalation) Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have any type of infection, especially a lung infection such as tuberculosis (TB), or herpes infection of the eye.
- This medicine will not stop an asthma attack that has already started. Your doctor may prescribe another medicine for you to use in case of an acute asthma attack.
- If any of your asthma medicines do not seem to be working as well as usual, call your doctor right away. Do not change your doses or stop using your medicines without asking your doctor.
- You may get infections more easily while using this medicine. Tell your doctor right away if you have been exposed to someone with chickenpox or measles.
Azmacort (Inhalation) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Sore throat or white patches inside mouth
- Tightness in chest, wheezing, or trouble breathing If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Coughing or hoarseness
- Dry, irritated mouth or throat