AZATHIOPRINE (Oral) (Tablet)
Questions | Reviews
I HAVE CROHNS DISEASE AND AM PRESENTLY TAKING 100MLG OF AZATHIOPRINE DAILY, 500MLG 3 TIMES A DAY AND 8 WEEKLY INFUSIONS OF IMFLIXIMAB AND PRESENTLY HAVING TROUBLE LOSING WEIGHT, AND HAVE CONSIDERED TAKING APPETITE SUPPRESSANTS FOR SHORT TIME USE. I HA...
by DENISE in CHESHIRE UNITED KINGDOM, 04/09/2007
I have been having trouble with obtaining a theraputic range for Coumadin my INR/PT have not been in a theraputic range. could it be possible that is AZATHIOPRINE is InTERFERRING ? Coumadin for PE
by ARLENE CUNNINGHAM in pittsburgh,pa, 10/08/2006
AZATHIOPRINE (Oral) (Tablet) Drug and Prescription Information
AZATHIOPRINE (Oral) (Tablet)
AZATHIOPRINE (Oral) (Tablet) Medication Classification
AZATHIOPRINE (By mouth)
AZATHIOPRINE (Oral) (Tablet) Brandname
AZATHIOPRINE (Oral) (Tablet) is used for the Treatment
Azathioprine (ay-za-THYE-oh-preen) Keeps your body from rejecting its transplanted organ. Also treats rheumatoid arthritis and other problems.
When To Not Use AZATHIOPRINE (Oral) (Tablet)
Check with your doctor before using azathioprine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any medicines. Pregnant women should not receive azathioprine.
How Should You Use AZATHIOPRINE (Oral) (Tablet)
- Use this medicine exactly as your doctor ordered.
- Take your medicine after meals to decrease stomach upset. If a dose is missed:
- If you use one dose daily, skip the missed dose. Just use your one regular dose for the day. You should not use two doses at the same time.
- If you use more than one dose daily, use the missed dose as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next regular dose, use the 2 doses (missed dose and regular dose) together.
- Check with your doctor if you miss more than one dose.
Proper AZATHIOPRINE (Oral) (Tablet) Storage
Store AZATHIOPRINE (Oral) (Tablet) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep AZATHIOPRINE (Oral) (Tablet) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using AZATHIOPRINE (Oral) (Tablet)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are using allopurinol or corticosteroids such as prednisone.
- Talk to your doctor before receiving any vaccines.
AZATHIOPRINE (Oral) (Tablet) Warnings
- Talk with your doctor before using this medicine if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have liver or kidney disease, shingles, an infection, or gout.
- You may be more likely to get infections while using azathioprine. Tell your doctor if you have any symptoms of infection such as fever or chills
AZATHIOPRINE (Oral) (Tablet) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Fever and chills
- Severe skin rash or hives
- Severe stomach pain, severe nausea and vomiting
- Blood in urine or stools
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Muscle or joint pain
- Severe weakness If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of appetite