Axid AR (Oral)
Axid AR (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Axid AR (Oral)
Axid AR (Oral) Medication Classification
NIZATIDINE (By mouth)
Axid AR (Oral) Brandname
Axid Pulvules, Axid AR
Axid AR (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Nizatidine (ni-ZA-ti-deen) Treats ulcers and other gastric acid disorders.Belongs to a class of drugs called histamine H2-blockers.
When To Not Use Axid AR (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to nizatidine or to related medicines such as Tagamet®, Zantac®, or Pepcid®.
How Should You Use Axid AR (Oral)
- Your doctor will tell you how much to take and how often.
- If you are taking: One dose a day, take at bedtime. Two doses a day, take one in the morning and one at bedtime. Several doses daily, take doses with your meals and at bedtime. If a dose is missed:
- Take the missed dose as soon as you remember.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next dose.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper Axid AR (Oral) Storage
Store Axid AR (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Axid AR (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Axid AR (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- You should not use nizatidine within 2 hours before or after taking ketoconazole (an antifungal drug).
- Avoid large amounts of aspirin while taking nizatidine.
Axid AR (Oral) Warnings
- Talk to your doctor before taking nizatidine if you have kidney or liver disease or are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Nizatidine may not work as well if you smoke.
- Talk to your doctor if your symptoms are not better while taking this medicine.
Axid AR (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Chest tightness or wheezing
- Swelling of the face, throat, or lips
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Severe skin rash or hives If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Mild nausea
- Breast tenderness (or breast swelling in men)