APAP w/Codeine (Oral)
Questions | Reviews
What is the shelf life of apap with codine?
by Walt Kelly in White Mtns. NH, 10/20/2010
How many milligrams of codeine is in a Apap #4 prescription?
by Cynthia in Birmingham,Al, 01/06/2010
Is this drug ok for a person with a heart condition..Also is it habit forming? This is taken for back pain..Can a person drive whent taking this drug thanks
by claire in rockledge fl. 32955, 03/01/2009
australia sea red england
by boystonejhon, 09/09/2008
what APAP means? thankyou
by Ahmad Al _Touny in Ismailia, EGYPT, 11/14/2006
APAP w/Codeine (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
APAP w/Codeine (Oral)
APAP w/Codeine (Oral) Medication Classification
ACETAMINOPHEN/CODEINE (By mouth)
APAP w/Codeine (Oral) Brandname
Tylenol w/Codeine #3, Tylenol w/Codeine #4, Pyregesic-C, APAP w/Codeine, Capital w/Codeine, Tylenol w/Codeine
APAP w/Codeine (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Acetaminophen (a-seet-a-MIN-oh-fen), Codeine (KOE-deen) Treats mild to moderately severe pain. This medicine contains a narcotic pain reliever.
When To Not Use APAP w/Codeine (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to acetaminophen or codeine, or to other narcotic medicines (such as Percocet®, Percodan®, Darvon®, Vicodin®).
How Should You Use APAP w/Codeine (Oral)
Tablet, Capsule, Liquid
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to. It is not safe to use more than 4 grams (4,000 milligrams) of acetaminophen in one day (24 hours).
- If this medicine upsets your stomach, you may take it with food or milk.
- Measure the oral liquid medicine with a marked measuring spoon, oral syringe, or medicine cup. If a dose is missed:
- If you are using this medicine on a regular schedule and you miss a dose or forget to take your medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper APAP w/Codeine (Oral) Storage
Store APAP w/Codeine (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep APAP w/Codeine (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using APAP w/Codeine (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are using atropine, dicyclomine (Bentyl®), glycopyrrolate (Robinul®), scopolamine (Transderm Scop®), medicines to treat mental illness (such as Haldol®, Mellaril®, Serentil®), or any medicines that make you sleepy (such as sleeping pills, cold and allergy medicine, other narcotic pain relievers, or sedatives).
- Do not drink alcohol while you are using this medicine. Acetaminophen can damage your liver and drinking alcohol can increase this risk. If you regularly drink 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day, do not take acetaminophen without asking your doctor.
- Many combination medicines contain acetaminophen, including products with brand names such as Alka-Seltzer Plus®, Comtrex®, Drixoral®, Excedrin Migraine®, Midol®, Sinutab®, Sudafed®, Theraflu®, and Vanquish®. Carefully check the labels of all other medicines you are using to be sure they do not contain acetaminophen.
APAP w/Codeine (Oral) Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have asthma, liver disease, kidney disease, problems with urination, underactive thyroid, Addison's disease, prostate problems, a stomach disorder, or a history of head injury or brain tumor.
- This medicine may be habit-forming. If you feel that the medicine is not working as well, do not take more than your prescribed dose. Call your doctor for instructions.
- Make sure any doctor or dentist who treats you knows that you are using this medicine. Acetaminophen may affect the results of certain medical tests.
- This medicine may make you dizzy or drowsy. Avoid driving, using machines, or doing anything else that could be dangerous if you are not alert.
APAP w/Codeine (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Allergic reaction: Itching or hives, swelling in face or hands, swelling or tingling in the mouth or throat, tightness in chest, trouble breathing
- Dark-colored urine or pale stools
- Extreme weakness, shallow breathing, slow heartbeat, sweating, cold or clammy skin
- Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, pain in the upper stomach
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Yellow skin or eyes If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Feelings of extreme happiness or sadness
- Mild skin rash or itching