Questions | Reviews
My daughter has ADD and takes Addreall. Most mornings, her breakfast is a glass of orange juice and muli-vitamins. Some times in the winter months ( flu season) she takes extra vitamin C along with her Adderall. Is there a reason why she should not be...
by Marion in Seattle,WA, 01/04/2006
I am on Adderall XR 20mg. Is it ok for me to take Sudafed for congession? Brianne
by Brianne in Traverse City MI, 01/07/2009
Here's the thing,,,I have an 8 yr old son who is on Adderall XR 5mg and in April he had seizure so I'm wondering should I continue to give him Adderall or stop giving it to him until we talk to a neurologist?
by Denise B in Springfield, NH, 05/20/2006
How can you tell if you are taking to much Adderall? What are symptoms of an overdose? If you do take too much, what are the short and long term side effects that will occur? Are there any physical or psychological dependencies or anything else that w...
by Tom, 11/07/2005
Adderall XR (Oral) Drug and Prescription Information
Adderall XR (Oral)
Adderall XR (Oral) Medication Classification
DEXTROAMPHETAMINE/AMPHETAMINE (By mouth)
Adderall XR (Oral) Brandname
Adderall XR, Adderall
Adderall XR (Oral) is used for the Treatment
Treats attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and a sleep disorder called narcolepsy.
When To Not Use Adderall XR (Oral)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to amphetamine, or to certain asthma medicines, diet pills, or similar medicines such as epinephrine (Epi-Pen®) or pseudoephedrine (Sudafed®). You should not use this medicine if you have clogged arteries, heart disease, high blood pressure, or a history of drug abuse, or if you have received an MAO inhibitor (Eldepryl®, Marplan®, Nardil®, Parnate®) within the past 2 weeks. Do not give this medicine to a child under 3 years of age.
How Should You Use Adderall XR (Oral)
Tablet, Long Acting Capsule
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to take and how often. Do not take more medicine or take it more often than your doctor tells you to. Do not give this medicine to any person for whom it has not been prescribed.
- Avoid taking this medicine late in the evening or it may keep you from sleeping.
- Never share your medicine with anyone. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to take your medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to take the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Adderall XR (Oral) Storage
Store Adderall XR (Oral) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Adderall XR (Oral) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Adderall XR (Oral)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are also using acetazolamide (Diamox®), guanethidine (Ismelin®), blood pressure medicine, cold or allergy medicine, diuretics (water pills), dopamine (Mirapex®, Symmetrel®), ethosuximide (Zarontin®), haloperidol (Haldol®), lithium, meperidine (Demerol®), pemoline (Cylert®), phenobarbital (Donnatal®), phenytoin (Dilantin®), propoxyphene (Darvon®), reserpine (Serpasil®), sodium bicarbonate (Alka-Seltzer®), vitamin C (ascorbic acid), medicine for depression (such as amitriptyline), or medicine to treat bladder infection or increase the acidity of the urine.
- Do not eat citrus fruits (oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruit) or drink citrus juice when you take this medicine.
Adderall XR (Oral) Warnings
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have a history of mental illness.
- This medicine may be habit-forming. If you feel that the medicine is not working as well, do not take more than your prescribed dose. Call your doctor for instructions.
- This medicine may make you dizzy. Avoid driving, using machines, or doing anything else that could be dangerous if you are not alert.
- Make sure any doctor or dentist who treats you knows that you are using this medicine. You may need to stop using this medicine several days before having medical tests.
Adderall XR (Oral) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Extreme restlessness, fever, shaking or uncontrolled movements, fast breathing, panic, hallucinations, irregular heartbeat, nausea, vomiting, or seizures
- Fast or pounding heartbeat
- Restlessness or increased hyperactivity
- Strange behavior or actions
- Uncontrolled twitching or muscle movements
- Weight loss If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Diarrhea, constipation, or stomach upset
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Problems having sex
- Trouble sleeping