Acular PF (Ophthalmic)
Acular PF (Ophthalmic) Drug and Prescription Information
Acular PF (Ophthalmic)
Acular PF (Ophthalmic) Medication Classification
KETOROLAC TROMETHAMINE (Into the eye)
Acular PF (Ophthalmic) Brandname
Acular, Acular LS, Acular PF
Acular PF (Ophthalmic) is used for the Treatment
Ketorolac Tromethamine (kee-toe-ROLE-ak troe-METH-a-meen) Relieves eye itching caused by allergies.Belongs to a class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
When To Not Use Acular PF (Ophthalmic)
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to ketorolac.
How Should You Use Acular PF (Ophthalmic)
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to use and how often. Do not use more medicine or use it more often than your doctor tells you to. This medicine is not for long-term use.
- Wash your hands before and after using the medicine.
- Shake the eye drops well just before each use.
- Lie down or tilt your head back. With your index finger, pull down the lower lid of your eye to form a pocket.
- To use the eye drops: Hold the dropper close to your eye with the other hand. Drop the correct number of drops into the pocket made between your lower lid and eyeball. Gently close your eyes. Place your index finger over the inner corner of your eye for 1 minute. Do not rinse or wipe the dropper or allow it to touch anything, including your eye. Put the cap on the bottle right away. Keep the bottle upright when you are not using it. If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, use it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not use extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
Proper Acular PF (Ophthalmic) Storage
Store Acular PF (Ophthalmic) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Acular PF (Ophthalmic) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Acular PF (Ophthalmic)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Talk with your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicines for the eye.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are taking a blood thinner (Coumadin®), aspirin, or pain and arthritis medicine (such as Motrin®, Advil®, or Aleve®).
Acular PF (Ophthalmic) Warnings
- Talk with your doctor before using this medicine if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have an eye infection.
- Also tell your doctor if you have hemophilia, other bleeding problems or an allergy to aspirin or pain and arthritis medicine (such as Motrin®, Advil®, Aleve®, or Naprosyn®).
- Do not wear soft contact lenses while you are using this medicine.
Acular PF (Ophthalmic) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe swelling, itching, or redness of the eye that was not there before using this medicine. If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Mild burning or stinging in the eyes