Acetasol Hc (Otic)
Questions | Reviews
What is effect of Acetasol HC being put into the eye?
by Sharon Baughman in Lakeland, Florida, 06/28/2007
How long is the shelf-life of Acetasol HC drops? How does it react if the patient takes grapefruit juice?
by C Gordon Smith in Toledo, Ohio USA, 01/12/2007
Acetasol Hc (Otic) Drug and Prescription Information
Acetasol Hc (Otic)
Acetasol Hc (Otic) Medication Classification
ANTIBIOTIC/ANTI-INFLAMMATORY COMBINATIONS (Into the ear)
Acetasol Hc (Otic) Brandname
Cipro Hc, Cortisporin-TC, Vosol Hc, Acetasol Hc, Oticot Hc, Cort-Biotic, Cortisporin, Cortomycin, Oti-Sone, Antibiotic Otic, Pediotic, Coly-Mycin S Otic, Ciprodex
Acetasol Hc (Otic) is used for the Treatment
Treats infections of the ear canal, minor swelling of the ear, and other ear problems.
When To Not Use Acetasol Hc (Otic)
Tell your doctor if you are allergic to any antibiotic medicines or to steroids such as cortisone, hydrocortisone, or prednisone.
How Should You Use Acetasol Hc (Otic)
- Your doctor will tell you how much to use and how often.
- Wash your hands.
- Warm the drops by holding the bottle in your hands for a few minutes.
- Shake the suspension well before using.
- Never touch the dropper to your ear or anything else.
- Lie down or tilt your head to the side.
- Drop the prescribed number of drops into the ear.
- Keep the ear tilted up for a few minutes or insert a cotton plug into the ear.
- Wash your hands again so as not to spread the infection. If a dose is missed:
- Use as soon as possible except when it is close to the time for your next dose.
- If almost time for next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your regular dosing schedule.
- You should not use two doses at the same time.
Proper Acetasol Hc (Otic) Storage
Store Acetasol Hc (Otic) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep Acetasol Hc (Otic) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using Acetasol Hc (Otic)Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
Acetasol Hc (Otic) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have a history of ear problems or a perforated ear drum.
- If you have herpes simplex or chicken pox, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- If your symptoms do not get better in one week or become worse, call your doctor.
Acetasol Hc (Otic) Side Effects
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Skin rash, redness, swelling or intense itching that develops after you start using this medicine. If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Stinging or burning of the ear