A/B Otic (Otic)
Questions | Reviews
I have a bottle of A/B Otic Drops with an expiration date of 02 of 04. Is it safe to use.
by Eric, 06/16/2007
does the a/b otic medication expire? how long do you keep it for until ready to throw out?
by chris in chicago, illinois, 12/27/2005
A/B Otic (Otic) Drug and Prescription Information
A/B Otic (Otic)
A/B Otic (Otic) Medication Classification
ANTIPYRINE/BENZOCAINE (Into the ear)
A/B Otic (Otic) Brandname
A/B Otic, Aurodex, Auroto, Benzotic, Dec-Agesic A.B., Dolotic, Allergen
A/B Otic (Otic) is used for the Treatment
Antipyrine (an-tee-PYE-reen), Benzocaine (BEN-zoe-kane) Treats pain, swelling, and pressure of middle ear infections.
When To Not Use A/B Otic (Otic)
You should not use this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to antipyrine or benzocaine.
How Should You Use A/B Otic (Otic)
- Your doctor will tell you how much medicine to take and how often.
- Wash your hands. Warm the drops by holding the unopened bottle in your hands for a few minutes.
- Remove the cap but never touch the dropper tip to your ear or to anything else.
- Lie down or tilt your head to the side. Gently pull the earlobe down and back (for children) or up and back (for adults) to straighten the ear canal.
- Drop the prescribed number of drops into the ear. Keep the ear tilted up for a few minutes or put a cotton ball into your ear.
- Replace the bottle cap and wash your hands again.
- Do not wash the dropper. Put it back in the bottle as soon as you are done with it. If a dose is missed:
- Use your medicine as soon as you remember that you have missed your dose.
- If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to use the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- You should not use two doses at one time.
Proper A/B Otic (Otic) Storage
Store A/B Otic (Otic) at room temperature away from sunlight and moisture unless otherwise stated by manufacturer's instructions or labelling. Keep A/B Otic (Otic) and all medications out of the reach of children.
What To Avoid While Using A/B Otic (Otic)
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- You should not use other ear medicines while using this medicine unless your doctor tells you to.
A/B Otic (Otic) Warnings
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using this medicine.
- Check with your doctor before using this medicine if you have a punctured eardrum or any other ear problems.
A/B Otic (Otic) Side Effects
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Itching or burning in ear